Terms & Conditions
Description of the Service
– The Services are Internet-based transaction management services performed by bitcoinescrow.info and escrow services provided by Internet Escrow Services, Inc., acts as escrow agent in a Transaction, which Services are intended to facilitate the completion of the underlying transaction under the terms of this Agreement, the Site and the applicable Transaction Escrow Instructions.
Limits on the Services – The Services are only available for lawful items and items not otherwise excluded by Section 4 below. Limitations on the Services may apply and can be found on the Site or in the General Escrow Instructions or Transaction Escrow Instructions. Only registered Users may use the Services. In order to register, you must supply all information required on the Site. Applicable state or federal laws and regulations may further limit the Services.
Obligations of Sellers
– On the Transaction Detail Screens, each Seller to a Transaction must designate an Account to which payment for the Transaction will be made. Each Seller authorizes IES and its authorized agents to initiate credit entries to such Seller’s Account for payment of the purchase price, or applicable balance due, and to debit Seller’s Account to discharge Seller’s obligations. Each Seller in a Transaction shall deliver the items set forth in Transaction Detail Screens directly to the Buyer (or Buyers), at the address specified by such Buyer as shown on the bitcoinescrow.info website and on the terms and conditions set forth in the Transaction Escrow Instructions and General Escrow Instructions. Seller shall use a delivery service that provides a confirmation of delivery and Seller shall provide bitcoinescrow.info with a tracking or reference number for the shipment of the goods. Seller gives bitcoinescrow.info permission to act as its agent in communicating with the shipping company regarding the notice of the delivery of the goods. In the event bitcoinescrow.info does not receive notice of shipment from Seller within ten (10) calendar days of notification from bitcoinescrow.info’s notice to Seller to ship the items, Seller authorizes bitcoinescrow.info to return the escrowed funds (excluding bitcoinescrow.info fees) to Buyer. In the event of a return of the items by Buyer, Seller shall notify bitcoinescrow.info of the receipt of the returned items. Upon receipt of such notice from Seller, the Seller’s five (5) day inspection period shall commence. In the event Seller accepts the returned items within the inspection period or fails to act within the inspection period, bitcoinescrow.info shall remit the escrowed funds (excluding bitcoinescrow.info fees) to Buyer. If Seller notifies bitcoinescrow.info of its non-acceptance of any returned items within the Seller’s inspection period, then bitcoinescrow.info will retain the escrow funds pending resolution of the dispute or take other action as authorized. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary above, if all Users to a Transaction agree on the Transaction Detail Screens that there is no shipping required, then no party hereto will have any obligation under this Agreement with respect to shipping.
Obligations of Buyers
– On the Transaction Detail Screens, Buyer must designate a payment mechanism and an Account from which the purchase price and related fees (unless such fees are to be paid by Seller) will be obtained for the deposit into escrow. Depending on the amount of the Transaction and the currency selected for the Transaction, Buyer may remit the necessary funds via various methods, which may include corporate credit card, charge card, debit card or purchasing card, check (cheque), cashier’s check, money order, or wire transfer. In the case of wire transfers, Buyer will initiate the wire to an account designated by bitcoinescrow.info on or before the date set forth in the Transaction Detail Screens. Regardless of the payment method, Buyer authorizes bitcoinescrow.info and bitcoinescrow.info authorized agents to initiate credit or debit transactions, as applicable, to obtain the purchase price and fees due for a Transaction and to initiate any debit or credit entries or reversals, as the case may be, as may be necessary to correct any error in a payment or transfer and to discharge Buyer’s obligations under Section 22 of this Agreement. bitcoinescrow.info will deposit funds received from Buyer into an escrow trust account maintained by bitcoinescrow.info (the “Escrow Account”). Unless otherwise requested as specified in the following sentence, escrowed deposits do not earn interest for Buyer or Seller. If you anticipate an extended closing of the Transaction, then you may request and approve an instruction to have bitcoinescrow.info place Buyer’s funds into an interest bearing account for the benefit of Buyer or Seller. If interest is to accrue to the benefit of the Seller, then both Buyer and Seller must request and approve the establishment of the interest bearing account. If this request is made, then bitcoinescrow.info will charge the account of the party to whom the interest accrues an additional nonrefundable service charge of $100.00, which must be paid in advance.
Buyer shall notify bitcoinescrow.info of the receipt or non-receipt of the items on the date the merchandise is received or the Buyer Inspection Period is started. Buyer shall notify bitcoinescrow.info of the Buyer’s acceptance or rejection of the items before the Buyer’s Inspection Period expires. Upon receipt of notice from Buyer that the items have been received and accepted, bitcoinescrow.info shall transfer the payment amount (less any amount payable to bitcoinescrow.info for bitcoinescrow.info fees) to Seller’s Account. Transfer to a Seller generally will be initiated within the next business day from the day on which notice of acceptance of the items is received from the Buyer. If Buyer has not notified bitcoinescrow.info of the non-receipt or rejection of the items during the Buyer’s Inspection Period, then Buyer authorizes bitcoinescrow.info to remit the escrowed funds (excluding bitcoinescrow.info fees) to the Seller. Buyer shall follow the procedures set forth on the Site in the event the items are rejected.
Obligations of Brokers
– On the Transaction Detail Screens, each Broker to a Transaction must designate an Account to which the Broker Fee payment will be made. Each Broker authorizes IES and its authorized agents to initiate credit entries to such Broker’s Account for payment of the Broker’s commission, and to debit Broker’s account to discharge Broker’s obligations. Each Broker in a Transaction shall provide Buyer email, Seller email, and Transaction details including purchase price, merchandise description, inspection period and which party is responsible for the Broker and Escrow fees.
Our Responsibilities – bitcoinescrow.info is obligated to perform only those duties expressly described in this Agreement and the General Escrow Instructions. bitcoinescrow.info shall not be liable for any error in judgment, for any act taken or not taken, or for any mistake of fact or law, except for gross negligence or willful misconduct (subject to the limitations in Section 17 below). bitcoinescrow.info may rely upon any notice, demand, request, letter, certificate, agreement or any other document which purports to have been transmitted or signed by or on behalf of a User indicated as the sender or signatory thereof and shall have no duty to make any inquiry or investigation. In the event that bitcoinescrow.info is uncertain as to bitcoinescrow.info duties or rights under this Agreement, receives any instruction, demand or notice from any User or financial institution which, in bitcoinescrow.info’s opinion, is in conflict with any of the provisions of this Agreement, or any dispute arises with respect to this Agreement or the Escrowed Funds, bitcoinescrow.info may (i) consult with counsel of our choice (including our own attorneys) and any actions taken or not taken based upon advice of counsel shall be deemed consented to by you, or (ii) refrain from taking any action other than to retain the funds in escrow for delivery in accordance with the written agreement of the Users, the final decision or award of an arbitrator pursuant to an arbitration commenced and conducted in accordance with the General Escrow Instructions or a final, non-appealable judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction, or (iii) discharge our duties under this Agreement by depositing all funds by interpleader action with a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with the procedures outlined in the General Escrow Instructions.
bitcoinescrow.info may, at any time, give notice of bitcoinescrow.info’s intent to resign as Escrow Agent. If, within ten (10) days of such notice, bitcoinescrow.info has not received notice from all Users in a Transaction that they have designated a substitute escrow agent (which notice shall identify the substitute escrow agent), bitcoinescrow.info may discharge bitcoinescrow.info duties under this Agreement by depositing all escrowed funds with a court of competent jurisdiction. If an alternate Escrow Agent is so designated, bitcoinescrow.info shall be discharged from bitcoinescrow.info duties under this Agreement, the General Escrow Instructions and the Transaction Escrow Instructions by delivering all escrowed funds to such person or entity. Upon payment of the escrow funds pursuant to this Agreement, bitcoinescrow.info shall be fully released from any and all liability and obligations with respect to the escrow funds and the Transaction.
Canceling a Transaction
– If a Transaction cannot be completed for any reason, including cancellation by bitcoinescrow.info for any reason, bitcoinescrow.info will notify each User in such Transaction by e-mail, to the e-mail address each has provided to bitcoinescrow.info. In bitcoinescrow.info’s sole discretion, bitcoinescrow.info may cancel any Transaction if each User to a Transaction fails to agree on the terms as required in the Transaction Details Screens by clicking the “Agree” button as requested on the Site. You may cancel a Transaction as provided in this Agreement, on the General Escrow Instructions or in the Transaction Escrow Instructions.
Questions about the Services – You may inquire about payments made through the Service by calling the toll-free number that appears on the Site or by filling out the customer service form. If you believe an error has been made or there has been any unauthorized use of your Account or the Services, you agree to call or send an e-mail as soon as possible, but no later than forty-eight hours after you became aware of an error. When you contact bitcoinescrow.info, please be prepared to provide your name, bitcoinescrow.info reference number and your email address you have registered on the bitcoinescrow.info site.
– You agree that all disclosures and communications regarding this Agreement and the Service shall be made by e-mail or on the Site, unless the parties make other arrangements as set forth in the General Escrow Instructions.
Digital Identification – You understand and agree that bitcoinescrow.info will create, issue, and verify a digital identification (a “Digital ID”) for each User. This Digital ID is attached to each accepted electronic document and notification e-mails. You agree that your Digital ID is a valid “Electronic Signature.” Please review the General Escrow Instructions for more information about bitcoinescrow.info’s use of the Digital ID.
– Unless otherwise agreed upon by each User in the Transaction, Buyer agrees to pay the fees for the Services that are disclosed on the Site at the time the completed Transaction Escrow Instructions are agreed to by all such Users, as well as any other fees, including, without limitation, third party service fees (e.g., shipping, appraisal, inspection, etc.). Once paid, bitcoinescrow.info fees are nonrefundable. bitcoinescrow.info fees may change from time to time in bitcoinescrow.info’s absolute and sole discretion. bitcoinescrow.info is not responsible for payment of any sales, use, personal property or other governmental tax or levy imposed on any items purchased or sold through the Services or otherwise arising from the Transaction.
– bitcoinescrow.info uses secure sockets layer (“SSL”), a security protocol that provides data encryption, server authentication, and message integrity for connections to the Internet to ensure that the data you provide bitcoinescrow.info is not transmitted over the Internet unencrypted and cannot be viewed by unauthorized individuals. bitcoinescrow.info has also implemented a security system requiring a user ID and a password to access your transactions on the Site. You agree not to give your password to any other person or entity and to protect it from being used or discovered by anyone else.
– You expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on a strictly “as is” and “as available” basis. bitcoinescrow.info MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH REGARD TO THE UNDERLYING TRANSACTION, ANY ITEMS OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE.
bitcoinescrow.info expressly disclaims any and all express and implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. bitcoinescrow.info shall not be liable or responsible for those guarantees, warranties and representations, if any, offered by any Seller of items. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from bitcoinescrow.info or through the Services shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
You acknowledge and agree that bitcoinescrow.info does not endorse the website of any third party, or assume responsibility or liability for the accuracy of any material contained therein, or any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom, or any fraud or other crime facilitated thereby. In no event will bitcoinescrow.info be liable for any act or omission of any third party, including, but not limited to, your financial institution, any payment system, any third party service provider, any provider of telecommunications services, Internet access or computer equipment or software, any mail or delivery service or any payment or clearing house system or for any circumstances beyond bitcoinescrow.info’s control (including but not limited to, fire, flood or other natural disaster, war, riot, strike, terrorism, act of civil or military authority, equipment failure, computer virus, infiltration or hacking by a third party, or failure or interruption of electrical, telecommunications or other utility services).
Limitation of Liability
– TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER bitcoinescrow.info NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
Termination of Services – bitcoinescrow.info may suspend or terminate your use of the Services at any time, without notice for any reason, in bitcoinescrow.info’s sole discretion. Except as warranted by risk to the security, privacy or integrity of the Services, bitcoinescrow.info will attempt to provide you with prior notice of the suspension or termination of the Services by sending you an e-mail, but bitcoinescrow.info is not obligated to do so. You shall remain liable for all Transactions you initiate through the Services prior to such termination, and the performance of your obligations, including but not limited to, the delivery of the items and the payment of all amounts you owe prior to termination or discontinuation of your use of the Services. You agree to pay all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that bitcoinescrow.info may incur in order to (a) collect any amounts you owe under this Agreement, the General Escrow Instructions, or the Transaction Escrow Instructions or (b) to initiate an arbitration or judicial proceeding to resolve a dispute between Buyer and Seller, as set forth in the General Escrow Instructions.
Non-Transferability of the Services – You may not assign this Agreement or the Escrow Instructions to any other person or entity. Your right to use the Services shall not be sold or transferred to any other person or entity without the prior written consent of bitcoinescrow.info. bitcoinescrow.info may assign this Agreement upon notice to you. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
– bitcoinescrow.info reserves the right to change this Agreement, or any portion of it, at any time, without prior notice, provided that no such change will apply to a Transaction once the Users to such Transaction have agreed to the Transaction Escrow Instructions. You understand that the most recent version of this Agreement will be located on the Site.
Indemnification – You agree to indemnify and hold bitcoinescrow.info, bitcoinescrow.info affiliates and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and assigns, harmless from any claim, demand, expense or damage, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising from or relating to your use of the Services or any violation of this Agreement, the rules contained on the Site or the Transaction Escrow Instructions, including, without limitation, payment of bitcoinescrow.info fees and any charge backs from a card organization or reversal or nonpayment of any credit or debit entry.
bitcoinescrow.info may assign this Agreement to any current or future affiliated company and to any successor in interest. bitcoinescrow.info also may delegate certain of bitcoinescrow.info rights and responsibilities under the Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.